New Member

If I am separated from my husband and providing sole support for our one child, how do I claim child support if I am the higher earner?

I do not know what my husband's income is for 2018, yet I'm asked to fill this information in.

New Member

After you file

Hello,  thank you for your question.  As you are separated, the higher earner rule does not apply.  Enter in the amounts you have paid.  

For your former spouses income, you can estimate his income or enter in an amount over $30,000. 

View solution in original post