Anonymous
Not applicable

Refund for service not provided

Hello,

I paid $156.78 to get a review from an expert and having one of them calling me back at a scheduled time. No one ever did call me. No one reviewed my return. I would like to get a refund but I do not see how or where I can ask for it

Thank you

Troubleshooting

We're sorry to hear you are having this issue. To help you we will need more information. Therefore, could you please meet us by private message on Facebook or Twitter to see how we can help you further?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Troubleshooting

So after I talked with someone on the phone, I was told that I would be refunded $112 ($100 + taxes). Just because I upgraded to a standard version of TurboTax. Let's be clear, I did not!!! I used the free version and at the end of it, there was this page asking if I wanted an expert to call me to review. I said yes and paid $156.78 for it ($140 + taxes). The expert never called me!!! How unprofessional of you?!!

But somehow this payment got me upgraded to a standard edition which was not advertised. So because of it,  I have to pay the standard edition ($20 x 2 returns) which I never agreed to.  I wanted the expert to review, as the page advertised, not an upgrade to save my return on your system for which I actually don't agree to! (but  I was told it is the benefit of a standard version).

I really feel stolen here. And this is a huge disappointment to see how you tricked me to get my money...

Troubleshooting

Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you did get your refund they advised you would get. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Troubleshooting

They did not advise anything. Basically they said they do not refund a service I did not know I paid for and that I did not want. It has been less than 30 days that I paid for this and you do not even allow me to cancel... I did not use anything that this service would provide (which the free version would not allow me to do). This is definitely  a "pay for nothing" scenario and you tricked me well...

lumina68-

Troubleshooting

Why am I still being charged $79.99 for the services of an expert when I cancelled the call and my issue that I thought I needed assistance for was resolved by the Turbo tax process itself?  Lumena DaCosta [phone number removed]

ibrown61
Returning Member

Troubleshooting

Same problem - I have also posted my issues under another subject. We did not get the call from the 'expert' and I've been on the phone for hours today trying to get someone to not drop my call or just help me. We filed our taxes without this lack of assistance and now we just want our money back. Big scammers - avoid them. They do not have a system set up for customer service and it is a run around circle of frustration. I always thought this was a reputable company, but they have proven they are not. Scammers - thieves. Avoid them at all costs.

sog22

Troubleshooting

I have been on the phone and my computer all day7.5 hours trying to get the so called expert to call me to do the Assist and Review that I paid $146.88 for. I have sent 6 different messages for help, talked to 4 different people. But no one calls me back. The answering person says I must wait as all the professionals are helping others. I have been using TT for over 10 years and this is the first time I have had this kind of BS runaround. I cannot even get a straight answer as to how I can get a refund. I have also bought the Audit Defence. But if this how you are running your business I want a refund for this as well. I do not expect anyone to respond to this but I do hope someone with the authority calls me back that can speak English.

Troubleshooting

We are happy to see that according to your file, you are receiving help.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.