Mc_2
Level 1

Turbo tax advantage

On Nov 26 you sent an email about discontinuing Turbo Tax Advantage.  In the email you stated

"We’ll be in touch soon with some special offers and more information on how to purchase TurboTax directly."

When is this information arriving?

Troubleshooting

I called it in as a support case a couple of weeks ago and was told the special offer would be out "soon." Last week, I asked on Twitter and was advised that the offer would be emailed on January 21 which was a week ago..

Extremely poor customer service for those of us that were Advantage customers for many years.

Not knowing what Intuit's intentions were, I downloaded UFile several weeks ago and although it's not as user friendly as Turbo Tax, I have been able to do some tax planning. Got a 23% discount on the product and had an issue with the load time of the data file which I contacted Support with and it was promptly repaired in the next update.

Due to a Windows 10 update, my 2016-2019 Turbo Tax loads according to Task Manager but will not come up on my PC. Support, both by phone and on this forum, has been very poor and not giving up, I was able to get the program loaded by double clicking the data file.

It seems obvious to me that Intuit is making so much money from the online version of their Turbo Tax that they don't care about their past customers who are interested in the download version. This is rather unfortunate as I'm a 25 year customer of theirs and am totally disappointed at their dismal regard for customer service.

UFile's product via download is currently $1 cheaper than what I paid for it and it comes with a 60 day money back guarantee so you may want to check it out.

View solution in original post

Mc_2
Level 1

Troubleshooting

My sentiments exactly.  Like you I am a 20+ year user.  Thx for the info and insight.  Looking at UFile as well.

Troubleshooting

Thanks much for your response.  As I'd like to get going on 2020, I guess I'll just buy the download version at the price listed on the web site.  It is too bad, as I thought that we'd get a least some break now that the Advantage program is no more.

Troubleshooting

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. In order to help you with this, we will need more information.  Please contact us on Social media so we can help you further. You can find us on Facebook or Twitter

Troubleshooting

I don't Facebook nor do I Twitter.  Have some respect for your long time Advantage users and just send out a special offer email to all of them like you said you would and quit jerking us around. I'll give you two more weeks and then I am switching to UFile.

Troubleshooting

Contacted Turbo Tax from Twitter a few weeks ago and response was that the offer would be sent by email January 25. Still nothing so I'll stick with UFile.