Schedule 6 enters NO to "Do you have an eligible dependant"

Even though my dependent information is entered and used elsewhere in the program Schedule 6 insists that I don't have an eligible dependent. If I override this entry it will not allow me to netfile. What can I do to fix this?

Troubleshooting

Thank you for asking this! I have been going insane all morning trying to figure this out. I even started a new return from scratch and it did the same thing. The whole time I’m doing the return, it has the CWB credit applied and I can see on schedule 6 when I go to Forms, that eligible dependent is marked YES. Then at the end under SUM UP when the program asks Do you want to claim the Canada Worker Benefit, when I click yes and answer the following questions my CWB credit gets removed. If I go to Forms at this point, and look at schedule 6 my eligible dependent box has changed to NO and I can’t fix it!

This is soooooo frustrating and makes me question using Turbo Tax in the future. 
Please resolve this, Turbo Tax Canada!

From a very stressed-out customer

Troubleshooting

I have the same issue now.  At first the calculation was correct, then as I was working through deductions something just glitched and changed in the return.  Took me a few minutes but I tracked it down to Line 38100 from Schedule 6 was not updating properly from the dependents form.

Definite software bug.

FA41
Level 1

Troubleshooting

Did you ended up overriding using function F2?

Troubleshooting

No, I used a different tax preparation software.

Are you using the 2020 version or 2021? They acknowledged the bug and told me they would fix it but I never tried it again. If you have an old version try updating to the latest release.

FA41
Level 1

Troubleshooting

I bought the download version of turbo tax Basic 2021            btw thanks for your quick reply

Troubleshooting

Just happened to be here when you posted.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but it seems like they either haven't fixed the problem yet or it has resurfaced in this year's release.

I'm away from home and can't find the package I used last year. Revenue Canada posts all of the efile certified tax software on their web site at: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-businesses/efile-electronic-f...

If you are just doing a basic return you should not have to buy it, look for a free one.