My spouse and I file separately. Error says his date of birth is missing but there is nowhere to enter it. I found the box on the form but I cannot edit it.

Michaela16
Returning Member

Troubleshooting

I have this problem also. We have gone line by line through my tax return and we cannot find a place to enter date of birth. 

Troubleshooting

I called Turbo Tax and the problem is now resolved. The rep told me there is a glitch at their end. The solution is to go into Forms and find InfoWS and type the spouse's date of birth there. I had already tried that but it would not let me type anything.  We tried a few things together - no luck. The rep got the technical person on the line and I shared my screen. In the InfoWS form we increased the text size (toolbar above) and suddenly we could see dd/mm/yyyy in the spouse date of birth field and I could type the numbers. I was now able to Neftile. Phew!

View solution in original post

Troubleshooting

Hi, I called Turbo Tax and the problem is now resolved. The rep told me there is a glitch at their end. The solution is to go into Forms and find InfoWS and type the spouse's date of birth there. I had already tried that but it would not let me type anything.  We tried a few things together - no luck. The rep got the technical person on the line and I shared my screen. In the InfoWS form we increased the text size (toolbar above) and suddenly we could see dd/mm/yyyy in the spouse date of birth field and I could type the numbers. I was now able to Neftile. Phew!

Troubleshooting

Thank you for this solution. It was driving me insane. 

Bookreader426
Returning Member

Troubleshooting

When your on the last screen, where you get the warning click on FIX..this will take you to the area where you would think there should be a place to put the birthday (but it's not there) click on Forms at top of page, this will take to the area in forms where you will see your spouses name and other info...fill in the missing info and remember to Save (Ctrl S) . Return to Easy Step at top of page, and continue through the screens, the issue of missing spouse info will have cleared and you can continue to Netfile.

Troubleshooting

Hi bookreader: that might work for some but not for me. I tried that before calling Support but the form wasn't letting me input anything. When I increased text size as suggested by Suppport, that made the field available for typing in.