Clawedius
Returning Member

I am unable to enter number of days worked from home due to Covid

I am using the downloaded version of Standard Turbo Tax. Under Employment Expenses I have selected the radio button stating that I didn't receive a T2200 form, and that I worked at home for at least 50% of the time for 4 consecutive weeks. Despite selecting these options Turbo Tax displays a message that I don't qualify for employment expenses. What is going on?

Troubleshooting

We are sorry to see you have this difficulty. To help verify that all steps were taken to complete the claim, could you please allow us to guide you with this next TurboTax FAQ link? Where do I claim my employment expenses in the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If the same message presents itself again, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact us please follow this link: Contact Us form. Once you go through the steps and complete the form, the phone number to speak to a TurboTax agent will appear on the page. If the agent cannot resolve your issue please make sure you tell them you want to escalate the issue to a higher level.

Thank you for your patience. 

Clawedius
Returning Member

Troubleshooting

In the end, I worked around the problem by just starting a new return and doing it over. This time it accepted the responses, determined that I was eligible, and the screen that allowed me to enter the number of days worked from home appeared. I don't recall the exact sequence of steps that I took that got me into trouble the first time, but I understand that this is new functionality and likely still a bit buggy. 

One thing I can guess might be the problem though is that on my first attempt I entered the T4 information, and then went back later to add the working from home expenses information. The second time I did it all in one flow, and that worked.