Level 6


We appreciate you choosing TurboTax


As per CRA, Generally, you were a non-resident of Canada in 2021 if you normally, customarily, or routinely lived in another country and were not considered a resident of Canada for tax purposes.(Your husband is a non resident of Canada)


Generally, if you are a non-resident of Canada, you will only have to report Canadian-source income, such as from employment. (in your husband case he has not any)


For now you can file your taxes and state your status.

Enter husband SIN as 000-000-000.
Report yourself as Married, spouse non-resident and with zero income.
Do not claim spousal amount of credit.


Please visit the link provided for further clarifications:

CRA: Are you an international student studying in Canada?

CRA: Non-Residents and Income Tax


Please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter if you require further assistance.