tpistun

Can I file as a deemed resident with my spouse as a factual resident in Turbo Tax Online?

tpistun

Troubleshooting

I am a member of the Canadian military, currently posted out of the country.  This is my third full year out of the country and have confirmed our residency status with CRA.  I am a deemed resident, and my spouse is a factual resident, and we have filed as such for the past two tax years.  This is my first year using Turbo Tax while out of Canada.  I understand I cannot Netfile either return as our mailing address is not in Canada, I will have to print and mail in my return.  I am just trying to figure out how to claim both a deemed and a factual resident within Turbo Tax.

Troubleshooting

You may want to first verify your residency status with the Canada Revenue Agency.  

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3281966

Also, if this is the first time that you are filing an income tax return, you will not be able to NETFILE.  You can, however, use TurboTax to prepare your income tax return and then print it out and mail it to the Canada Revenue Agency.

tpistun

Troubleshooting

This did not address my question.  Please see the additional comments I added to my original question for specifics.