Hi Derek,

You will file your taxes as per you normally would. 

  • At the beginning, it will ask about your marital status, and it will ask the date of marital status change if applicable, you enter this information. 
  • Continue through, when it comes to your non-resident spouse with no financial ties to Canada, you simply enter 000 000 000 for SIN and ZERO income because it relates to nothing in Canada. On that same screen, be sure to select No to the “Are you claiming spousal amount?” question to ensure no credits are applied for your spouse.  

View solution in original post