Fix error "TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns"

Hi,

I tried to submit my taxes, but I got the error "Your province of self-employment is different from your province of residence. TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns. Review your entries." 

Checkbox on " I was self employed (freelancer, contractor, independent worker, professional, commission-based, farming, fishing)" is not checked and I have entered just T4 and T4E, no other T-slip. Can someone help me to fix this error? I'm using Turbotax online to submit my taxes for 2019.Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 4.36.33 PM.png

Troubleshooting

Unfortunately, this is not something that can be fixed in TurboTax. CRA does not allow many software versions, including TurboTax,  to support the T2203 Form - Provincial and Territorial Taxes – Multiple Jurisdictions and NetFile.

They require that this form be attached to a paper filed return and mailed in. The form can be found here: T2203 Provincial and Territorial Taxes for 2019 - Multiple Jurisdictions

Troubleshooting

Thanks for your answer but I think I was not clear describing my issue. On my income section I have just T4 and T4E. I have no self-employment and I didn't check that box on wizard. When I try to submit, I get the error with the option to fix it and when I click "Fix" button I get to the page that is saying "Your province of self-employment is different from your province of residence. TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns. Review your entries." and asks me for business address!!! Which Business address I an no self-employed. Why is asking me about it?  Do I have anything checked, where should I look? I can't submit my taxes because of this error and I don't know where is coming from. Thanks.Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 10.42.52 AM.png

Troubleshooting

Hi, 

Due to that error, I can't NETFILE the return 2020. Any body can help me how to FIX that Error. Thanks so much.

Troubleshooting

I got the same error and started all over again and was able to Netfile. Perhaps I had selected a box I wasn't supposed to select and unselected it... sometimes if you do that, it still keeps that information for some odd reason.

Troubleshooting

I had the same problem. I went to Income > Self-Employment Profile, then checked "Professional, Commission, and/or Other type of business." When I "continued" through, there appeared a phantom business with an income of $0. All I had to do was delete that business, then go back to Income > Self-Employment Profile and uncheck "Professional, Commission, and/or Other type of business" again. Then I just went back to My Info > Get Started to make sure that "I was self-employed" was still unchecked. After that, I stopped getting the error. I hope that helps!

Nebulacat

Troubleshooting

I had the same problem. That fixed the problem. Thank you!

hollyr83

Troubleshooting

I am struggling with this same problem but I am not able to click  through any off the self-employment information without paying for the upgraded version. I am NOT self-employed and did not indicate I was at any time on this return? So confusing. 

elleleo

Troubleshooting

after following the above steps(and if the program updated you to the self employed version because you checked off the business/professional box) you should be moved to businesses where you should delete the excess business. Press continue a couple times, making sure to say select you aren't reporting any income for a self employed business. Next go back to income>get started and continue through it all, then jump to review and file to see if errors gone.

jfisher4
Returning Member

Troubleshooting

did a fix for you? this is happening to me and I can't get it to work.