I work as an independent consultant, where I bill the customer (it's a non profit) for services.

I am essentially doing full time work, and want to ensure I fill out my taxes correctly  I will be working all year again for them this year, and want to ensure I still pay into CPP, and any other needed items.

Sally71

Troubleshooting

If you are reporting self employment income the software will automatically calculate CPP on self employment income by generating Schedule 8: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/tf/5000-s8/README.html 

You need to watch for the following lines numbers used self employment / contractor income:

- Line 222:Deduction for CPP or QPP contributions on self-employment and other earnings-(attach Schedule 8 or Form RC381, whichever applies) - page 2 of the T1 general form

- Line 308: CPP contributions (non refundable credit); schedule 1 form and

- Line 421: CPP contributions payable on self-employment and other earnings (attach Schedule 8 or Form RC381, whichever applies) - page 4 of the T1 general form

View solution in original post

Troubleshooting

Thank you.  So turbo tax will calculate it for me it sounds like.  I must have done something wrong the first time through then!  I will have to look at it again.  I think I entered my income in the wrong place.  It was wages paid to me, so does that go under profits?  I will have to start from scratch again, I think!