Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teng2000

Anyone had a problem with the return counter? The return counter indicated I prepared 20 returns which is not possible as I only did 2 returns. How can this happen?

The other 18 returns show the Source is "Another Computer" with no Name, SIN# and type is "paid " or  "Freedom".  I had to buy another 20 returns so I could Netfile on time as I had a balance owing.  I cannot file my wife's return because it says I have already prepared the max. 20 on this computer.  I should be refunded because I think there is either a bug or someone used a number generator that used the exact same installation key code.  Has this happened to anyone else?

4 Replies

Anyone had a problem with the return counter? The return counter indicated I prepared 20 returns which is not possible as I only did 2 returns. How can this happen?

Please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you (*Not available for TurboTax Free users*). https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013
darbuckle3
Returning Member

the steps I have to go through to get the actual phone number is ridiculous

Issue with return counter again in 2020, I still have no resolution I am out 8 returns.  Unable to file for some spouses.  

SylL
Returning Member

If you call the help line, they can contact the techs and work with them.  They answer in 5  minutes or less