Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i access my 2016 tax return documents (NOA, T1 GENERAL)?

I filed through you guys last year, and I cant find my documents anywhere on this site. 

7 Replies

Are you having trouble logging in?

To locate your 2016 return, go to turbotax.ca, click the sign in button and select the 2016 year (rather than 2017). 

kwtree

all i'm presented with is the various packages to buy as if I have never filed the 2016

Korriee2
Returning Member

I'm running into the same issue. Has a solution been provided? I quite urgently need to access my online account with TurboTax from 2016. Appreciate some help - Korrie

Turbotax kept 3 years back- therefore only 2017, 2018, and 2019 would show up. 

You can go to your CRA "Online Account" if you did not create one- you can go and register here.

You will be able to find the returns you have filed there. 

Korriee2
Returning Member

@TurboTaxBrenda1 thanks for commenting -> on the myCRA site, I can not access actual Tax Files, which show the figures submitted (which is what I require). I see a high level amount of info, and a notice of assessment. But not the details I require. The laptop I had saved my T1 general on saw the last of its days. I typically have things backed up, but for whatever reason this was the one thing I failed to save to my thumb drive. Do you have any other advice on how to best track down a 2016 T1 general? (note: I am living abroad, and can't just pop over to Canada). 

Unfortunately, if you used TurboTax Online and you never saved (backed up) a pdf of your 2016 tax return, there is nothing on my end that I can do to help you retrieve it as it is no longer on your TurboTax Online account.