Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I suppose to enter both Releve 1 (Identical) for each T4 I received for working in different provinces (Alberta & Quebec)?

On April 2018, I moved from Alberta to Quebec.  I received Two T4 and Two identical Releve 1 with each T4 by mail from DND. The first T4 is for working in Alberta and the second T4 is for working in Quebec. I am Military so my employer hasn't changed. Both my T4 was entered into turbo tax by downloading it from CRA website but the software did not enter any data for the Releve 1 for each T4.

9 Replies

Am I suppose to enter both Releve 1 (Identical) for each T4 I received for working in different provinces (Alberta & Quebec)?

At the beginning of the Profile Section of your return;

Online users - The first question asked - Did you work in 2018?  Yes - Check - I was employed  - Check - T4 - Check - I worked in Québec and received a Relevé 1 slip

For those using the downloaded version, the first question you answer about "working" will open the dropdown and you will see the option to check RL-1.

If needed see below:

What do I do if I have a T4 slip with no matching RL-1 slip or an RL-1 slip with no matching T4? - https://bit.ly/2Smoqmn

@TurboTaxLise I dont think any of those situation matches mine from the link provided. Also, on the Profile Section of my return did not have the "I worked in Québec and received a Relevé 1 slip" check box

@Caroline Ray - Can you open the forms view and enter the RL-1 in Tslip Section? Let me know!

@TurboTaxLise Yes, I can.  I just noticed that I have two RL-1 slips. The first RL-1 I entered for my Quebec T4 and another was automatically filled by Turbo Tax from the other T4 from Alberta.  The second RL-1 is not completely filled and does not match the RL-1 I received from my employer

I would apply the RL-1 as per received with instructions above for RL1 no matching Tslip. FYI - when you mention that you are working in the profile section of your return, it asks to check the slips you have to report, on that list is Releve1 - employment and other income. Check that box as well.
RyanCito

I am in the same situation as OP. I am military currently living in Quebec and have a T4 from NB and QC, and a single releve 1 for the QC T4. I filled out the T4 from QC with its corresponding releve 1, but I am unable to fill in the T4 from NB without a releve 1. I get an error msg stating that my values for B and B1 on the releve 1 dont match with lines 16 and 17 of the T4 (obviously since I put all values as zero on the releve 1 tab for the NB T4). 

*The only way I have made it work is by filling in values for the releve 1 to match the T4 from NB, though that is essentially creating a releve 1 that doesnt exist...?

TessierS

is it normal that my T4 salary and my R1 are added on top one another.  It doubles my salary for the year!

Please follow these steps to enter your T4 and R1 information in our Online software:

Sign in to your account and enter your return.
Go to the menu on the left side of the screen.
Click on Income then select T-Slips.
Now click on T-Slip Summary which opens the Income Slips screen.
Select T4 - Employment Income. 
Select I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1 slip.
Click Continue at the bottom of the screen.
When on the T4 screen click on Add T4 for ___.
Enter the amounts from your T4 slip, as applicable.
Scroll to the bottom of the page to reach Box E.
Enter the amount from Box E of your RL-1 in the field marked Québec tax deducted from your Relevé 1 slip (Non-resident of Québec).
Click on Save and Continue.
On the next screen, click on Done with T4.

Thank you for using TurboTax.

This was very helpful!!!