CanadaEnglishEN

Pick a language

CanadaFrançais United States of AmericaEnglish
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notks

Bought 2019 turbo tax activation code at costco. unable to download the program. turbo tax wants me to buy it again. how do i activate?

10 Replies
Tisdale1955

Bought 2019 turbo tax activation code at costco. unable to download the program. turbo tax wants me to buy it again. how do i activate?

Why so difficult this year???

How the hell do you download turbo tax???

Instructions on the box do not work???

sat123

are there no answers from the people who create this online edition?

TurboTaxSusan

You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition using one of the links on this FAQ: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/where-can-i-download-the-cd-...

You will not need to buy the product again, just use the key that you have already purchased.

roblori88
Level 2

The activation codes for the online Editions purchased at Costco do not work... that's the problem. Also, instructions on the box say to select "Apply Rebate" which isn't an option. Only 'Apply Code" which again.. doesn't workCapture.JPGCapture1.JPG

TurboTaxBrenda1

Can you please confirm how many digits you have in the pre-payment/activation code?

Here are 2 great FAQ's on when and how to enter your pre-payments codes

roblori88
Level 2

It's an 11 digit code that is revealed when you scratch the back of the card inside the box.

The solutions you posted did not help.

roblori88
Level 2

For anyone else having this problem I contacted Turbotax Canada on Twitter and they gave me a new code to use and it worked! 

So reach out to them on Twitter 

jimwong10

I purchased Turbotax Premier from Costco and according to instructions I am trying to activate it with the code given to me in the card and it said invalid.  I have the Costco receipt and it has the same code on it and the receipt said "Activated".

What do I do now?

Thanks.

roblori88
Level 2

My post is for last years edition. This year I wasn't screwing around,  I bought the CD copy.. no issues.

As per my previous response if you need help reach out to them on Twitter,  that worked for me last year.

Good luck!

v