Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get turbo tax onto my new computer. my old one died in the middle of doing tax

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can i get turbo tax onto my new computer. my old one died in the middle of doing tax

Yes, you can definitely download TurboTax onto your new computer as it is possible to install the software on 3 different computers. However, our TurboTax Download software is compatible with Windows only.  Another option is to use TurboTax Online. It works very well and and can be used with Mac and Windows. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

View solution in original post

Thank you for the correct response. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Yes, you can definitely download TurboTax onto your new computer as it is possible to install the software on 3 different computers. However, our TurboTax Download software is compatible with Windows only.  Another option is to use TurboTax Online. It works very well and and can be used with Mac and Windows. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax!

Thank you for the correct response. 

david257
Returning Member

Does it count as a NEW COMPUTER if erase Windows and reinstall it on the same device?

No it should not count as a new computer.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.