Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1

Can't login. Setup new account, set password, fails. Clicked "forgot password" and reset again, still not letting me login. Any other bright ideas?

Can't login. I setup a new account, and immediately tried to login .. didn't work.

I clicked "forgot password" (which I didn't forgot .. but you don't have many options ) .. so I reset the password .. to the same thing it was ... it saved, no issues.

I tried to login again .. still didn't work .. "unknown error". 

Do you have any other bright ideas ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 1

Can't login. Setup new account, set password, fails. Clicked "forgot password" and reset again, still not letting me login. Any other bright ideas?

You can send resets all day, it doesn't fix the issue.

after some more testing, and fooling around, I think I understand what's wrong.

You're prompt asks to use email id OR userid .. 

however, using email id fails .. every time.

using userid works fine.

You might want to either remove the indication of email from the login screen, or fix it so you can use email id.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Level 1

You can send resets all day, it doesn't fix the issue.

after some more testing, and fooling around, I think I understand what's wrong.

You're prompt asks to use email id OR userid .. 

however, using email id fails .. every time.

using userid works fine.

You might want to either remove the indication of email from the login screen, or fix it so you can use email id.

View solution in original post

Level 1

I have sent a password reset from our end. 

You can also try clearing your cache or using a different web browser: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647843