Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you use the same turbotax return code card on two different profiles? For example, do 2 returns on one profiles then another 4 returns on another profile.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TTRS

Can you use the same turbotax return code card on two different profiles? For example, do 2 returns on one profiles then another 4 returns on another profile.

I'm not sure I understand your question, so I'll make some assumptions and hopefully get you the right answer.

I'm assuming you mean that you paid for the TurboTax Online mac version at retail and received a code that is good for up to 8 standard returns.

By profile, I'm assuming you mean TurboTax accounts with a unique username and login.

If that is the case, the answer to your question is no. All the returns need to be created on the same TurboTax account. As soon as you use the code once, it is tied to that account, and cannot be used on a different account afterwards.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TTRS

I'm not sure I understand your question, so I'll make some assumptions and hopefully get you the right answer.

I'm assuming you mean that you paid for the TurboTax Online mac version at retail and received a code that is good for up to 8 standard returns.

By profile, I'm assuming you mean TurboTax accounts with a unique username and login.

If that is the case, the answer to your question is no. All the returns need to be created on the same TurboTax account. As soon as you use the code once, it is tied to that account, and cannot be used on a different account afterwards.