Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 3:28:39 AM

Contract Employee

This was my first year in business. I work as a clinical counsellor for a non-profit organization. I'm a contracted employee, they do not take any deductions off my cheques, and they provide all the means to do my work (space, tools, client referrals, etc). I carry my own liabilities and pay my own professional licensing fees. When I enter my information on the T2125 form, am I putting my home address as my place of business and using deductions associated with my home, or do I put the place where I do therapy which would have no associated costs to business?

0 1 606
1 Best answer
Oct 30, 2019 3:28:41 AM

Hi

You would put your home address as the business address.  The clinic where you are contracted, is their place of business.

If you use part of your home for business use, you may claim the costs, but ensure you adjust based on the amount of time you actually work from home.

1 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 3:28:41 AM

Hi

You would put your home address as the business address.  The clinic where you are contracted, is their place of business.

If you use part of your home for business use, you may claim the costs, but ensure you adjust based on the amount of time you actually work from home.