Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian971

CRA autofill is not working

I do not get a button or a link from Turbotax to connect to the CRA for autofill

How can I make CRA autofill work?

9 Replies

To get to the Auto-Fill page in TurboTax Online, just click on on "Auto-Fill My Return" in the left side menu. After reading the info presented, there is a Continue button at the bottom of the page that will bring you to a 2nd page where you can login to your CRA My Account to start the Auto-Fill process.

RSYK
Returning Member

Hello, I also have this problem. I press autofill my return and I get a page titled "get a jump start on your tax return". I pressed continue like you described and it brings me to a paged that says "great, now lets enter the rest of your tax info!"

To clarify, I've used the download tax info before last year and I even managed to download the info at the beginning of May this year but needed to restart my tax return and I am now unable to download.

cpacanada
Returning Member

don't be surprised if you get an error..the software does not work... even had tech contact and connect to desktop and no resolution

ask for refund and contact CRA instead that this software should not be certified

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

CRA is overloaded this month and although AFR is available, it might take few attempts before you can get through. You can try again at a later time or you can fill the information manually. 

Thank you for your understanding 

cpacanada
Returning Member

what kind of a crap response is that? enter it manually.. then it defeats the purpose

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

If you have a problem with your account please contact support at: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

e2fy6p8s

I am very frustrated by the repeated failures to download CRA data to my return.  I have talked to the CRA (after holding for 2 hours), they say they have had no complaints about the AFR not working. There must be other TurboTax users experiencing the same problem.  I am going to give it one more try late tonight to see if the demand on the CRA website has anything to do with the problem. If that fails I will look at other products for completing this year’s tax filing.

Sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced. Were you able to complete your Autofill? If you encounter any further delays please contact our support services at the link below:

https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

this issue appears to be persisting once again this year. autofill opened up on the 22. it is now the 25. online, the button does not appear. is there a different step that needs to be taken to allow an individual to use this feature?