Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete previous versions of Turbotax and other tax return programs

I have 2012, 2013 and 2014 Turbotax softwares that I bought at a local store to do my previous tax returns that are still on my computer. 

The question:  Can I delete those versions now that I installed this years program from Turbotax ?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your question.

If you would like, you can uninstall previous years' versions of TurboTax without affecting the functionality of your current year's software.

If you would like to open and view previous years' tax returns, you will need to re-install the software for those years. You can do this at any time using the link below. Please be sure to retain your installation Key Code for re-installation.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1190054-can-i-download-a-copy-of-turbotax-from-the-in...

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Thank you for your question.

If you would like, you can uninstall previous years' versions of TurboTax without affecting the functionality of your current year's software.

If you would like to open and view previous years' tax returns, you will need to re-install the software for those years. You can do this at any time using the link below. Please be sure to retain your installation Key Code for re-installation.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1190054-can-i-download-a-copy-of-turbotax-from-the-in...

Dld1441

How to remove TurboTax 2020 before I install TurboTax 2021?

Dld1441

How to remove TurboTax 2020 before I install TurboTax 2021 on my iMac?

@Dld1441 You don’t need to uninstall the previous year’s version of TurboTax CD/Download before installing this year’s version. Each year’s version is independent of the others, and you will need the 2020 version if you want to open your 2020 tax return files.

We don’t support TurboTax CD/Download installed on a MacOS computer (such as an iMac). If you are using software to allow Windows programs to run on your  Mac, you would have to consult with the software documentation to see how to uninstall software.

This TurboTax FAQ tells you how to uninstall TurboTax CD/Download on a Windows computer: How do I uninstall TurboTax from my computer?

If you are using the US version of TurboTax please visit the website for TurboTax USA for support.

dharnanan

A quick question please.  I have 2013, 2014 & 2017 versions installed that I would like to remove but still have the ability to install again later if needed.  My problem is that I can't locate the license codes for either of them to reinstall if necessary.  Can I be assisted with this please?

@dharnanan Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.