Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct sales industry code is 454300 per CRA for the T2125 C form but yet it keeps giving me an error code

@Kardev55 If you are doing a return from a previous year, the old codes should work.

@Chris1948 If you don't have a GST account, you don't need to enter one. 

Direct sales industry code is 454300 per CRA for the T2125 C form but yet it keeps giving me an error code

I am doing 2020 and the codes do not work I have explained this numerous times and was on the phone with TurboTax explaining the same still no fix

omasaint

I just called Inuit  and got the answer. The whole 454 series is now invalid and they said to pick the industry code closest to whatever product you are selling. I was looking for the code for Scentsy and was given 459999. It worked and I was able to file.

omasaint

I just got an answer from Inuit Canada as I had same error code for Scentsy home sales. 454390 did not work and I could not Netfile. I was given 459999 and it worked.

omasaint

I just got an answer after calling Inuit canada. My error was the industry code 454390 for direct sales for Scentsy was incorrect. I was given 459999 and it worked.

omasaint

I got an anwer after the code 454390 for Scentsy direct sales did not work on Netfile. I was given 459999 by Inuit canada. It worked.

ar97
Returning Member

The new codes will work to file the current year return. Unfortunately TurboTax won't accept the new codes for prior year returns, and it doesn't work to netfile prior year returns with the old codes. Will there be a fix?

Unfortunately the direct sales codes aren't working. You can try any other codes which are close to what you are doing for work. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax 

I have searched the industry codes as per your link and entered the new code but still getting errors.

Very frustrating.

You are saying that these 454 industry codes are not valid will you please let us know which are because anything that comes up inStats Can show the 454 industry codes.

Thank you, there are many of us who would like to file our taxes through Netfile and it isn't working on your end.