Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chambway

Do you have a discount price for Turbo Tax Standard 2023?

13 Replies

You may want to check with your bank or other financial institutions as they sometimes offer a discount on TurboTax to their clients. Some employers also offer a discount, particularly ride-share type companies.

Scotiabank offers a website link to a 20% discount - the discount only applies if you start your return using the link on turbotax you are redirected to - If you start the return without the discount code you will be denied your discount - even though there are no conditions shown on the turbo tax site you are redirected to that you cannot start your return on the turbo tax website on your own and resume using the link to receive the discount.   They are guilty of false advertising by showing teh discount with no conditions

Moussi2

Some of our offers are limited in time and directed to some group of clients depending on the products. Usually offers are sent directly to clients' emails or displayed on our website. We regret if you were not able to use your discount towards your purchase. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax

Add BMO to that false advertising scam. 20% discount when you pay more than Standard retail price for an online version instead of getting the standard one from Staples.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

Does that mean there’s a discount available on the standard version?

@robclaire TurboTaxs affiliates are giving a TurboTax link with the specific offers which in your case as a customers 20% discount when clicking on the link- that is the only way to get the discounted price as we do not know who qualifies for this discount- unless they click on it. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

I did click on it - but because i had started my tax return before clicking the link to finish the return I could not receive the discount - There is no specification anywhere that the tax return must be initiated for a given tax year using that link to be entitled to the discount. - therefore it is false advertising.

no discount unless you start the return using the discount link.