This FAQ shows where to claim your employment expenses in TurboTax Online: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/claims-deductions-donations/help/where-do-i-claim-my-...
This FAQ shows where to claim your employment expenses in TurboTax CD/Download: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/claims-deductions-donations/help/where-do-i-claim-my-...
We can certainly guide you to claim the working from home expenses. Please be aware that to claim this deduction you have to meet the eligibility criteria. You can visit the following link to check if you are eligible: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/individuals/topics/about-your-tax-return/tax-re...
Please find below the steps in TurboTax online:
- Go to the top right of your return and click on "Find"
- Type "Employment Expenses" in the search bar and click on "GO"
- If you meet the conditions to be able to claim expenses press “Yes”
- In employment expenses, there will be a section of question that you have to answer
- After you complete the questions you will be asked how you would like to file your employment expenses. Then you have to select “Flat rate method”.
- Type the number of days you worked from home in 2020 due to COVID-19 and click on “Continue”
- Scroll down and click on Continue
Once you finish this process you will find the amount claimed ($400) by going on the top left and click on “2020 Balance Due”
After Click on View detailed tax summary
Go under Net Income look at line 22900 Other employment expenses
If you are using the CD/Download version and need further direction please visit the following link.
Thank you for using TurboTax