Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
Level 2
posted Feb 4, 2020 12:15:14 PM

Does the Live Assist functionality work?? I have Live Assist & Review self employed but keep on being redirected to post a forum ticket when I click on Connect Now.

0 3 1721
1 Best answer
Level 13
Feb 5, 2020 7:28:20 AM

We are aware of the issue and working on a resolution. Until then, the workaround is to post a tax question, which will reroute you to a phone number to connect to our tax experts. We appreciate your patience and your continued support.

3 Replies
Level 13
Feb 5, 2020 7:28:20 AM

We are aware of the issue and working on a resolution. Until then, the workaround is to post a tax question, which will reroute you to a phone number to connect to our tax experts. We appreciate your patience and your continued support.

Level 2
Feb 5, 2020 8:05:51 AM

Thank you @TurboTaxLise , I can see it now works.

I followed the steps, got a case number, however when I called I reached a "product" expert that could only provide general info on the products, not a Tax Expert.

She mentioned that for tax questions I should use the "Review" link, which gives me an appointment in another day.

Am I missing something? I understood that the product comes with 2 features: Unlimited Tax Advice (by a tax professional) + Final Review (by a tax professional).

What the phone rep said is: Unlimited calls about general product features + Final review by a tax professional.

Thank you

Level 13
Feb 5, 2020 12:08:16 PM

Please go check your private message for further instruction.