Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Turbotax have a place to post T4A Income from a previous year (unclaimed?)

5 Replies

If you have a T4A from a previous year, you will need to adjust that prior year income tax return to include the T4A slip.  Please view the following article for instructions on how to do so: How to Change Your Tax Return After You’ve Filed

The link in the previous post seems to be broken. How does one go about adjusting a T4A from a previous year e.g. 2016. 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we appreciate it. We have corrected the link as it was some of our links have changed since that 2019 post. For information about adjustments, please see our TurboTax article: How to Change Your Tax Return After You’ve Filed

NOTE: Please verify your 2016 Notice of Assessment as the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) sometimes makes the adjustment themselves as the T-slip was already in your file to be matched. You can also call them at 1-800-959-8281 to see if it was already included in your return. You may not need to make the adjustment.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thank you @TurboTaxGinette
So, I followed your suggestion and checked my 2016 NOA. However, it does not seem to have been processed then. I can see that the T4A from 2016 was just processed by CRA on April 23, 2024.
Considering CRA is processing it as part of this years filling should I just include it? 

@matildadornor You would have to amend your return for the year the slip is for. Since you can no longer RefIle a 2016 return, then you'll need to send an adjustment by mail, or use CRA MyAccount to add the slip.