Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered amount in T4A box 105 (scholarship other: taxable) is $500 less when I get to total income, which results in a discrepancy between Quebec an Federal

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Entered amount in T4A box 105 (scholarship other: taxable) is $500 less when I get to total income, which results in a discrepancy between Quebec an Federal

There are five entries for the box 105 income.  Each has an explanation.  If you were full time education the box 105 income is not taxable.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Was the T4A reporting a research grant?  Were you in full time or part time education?

This is full time education whole year. I found another answer that suggests that there is a $500 deduction for federal, that doesn't exist in Quebec, thus the discrepancy. I concluded that I should just ignore the warning from TurboTax, but it'd be nice if the software had explained how it came up with the number.

There are five entries for the box 105 income.  Each has an explanation.  If you were full time education the box 105 income is not taxable.
briandbia

Full time student  received T4A for scholarship is this a taxable income.   I have read that it is not but when I do my income tax its giving me a balance that I owe but I was on OSAP and had no other income.

If this is for a FT Student, then no it is not taxable. To correct this, return to the T4A screen fand move the entry for box 105 to the spot for FT students.

For additional information use the following links: 

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/getting-started/discussion/are-scholarship-amounts-in...

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/getting-started/discussion/if-your-son-was-a-full-tim...