Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error other income

I called in and asked how to enter Manitoba rent assist. I was told that it was to be entered in other income. I asked if it would then transfer to line 55 of the return and was told yes. It does not appear on line 55 and I need it to. What should I do now?  Thanks, Brent
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Error other income

When using TurboTax Standard, click on the heading titled Provincial and then select "Provincial Tax Credits Profile.

Make sure to check the boxes "Education Property Tax Credit (rent paid)" and the next box "Manitoba School Tax Credit.

Proceed to the next screen which allows for input of your housing information.

Once completed click on Continue and the following screen provides space for "Rent Aid benefits received.

Provide the amount of rent assistance you are reporting.

Click Continue and TurboTax will correctly calculate the net Manitoba refundable amount for your rental expense.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Error other income

When using TurboTax Standard, click on the heading titled Provincial and then select "Provincial Tax Credits Profile.

Make sure to check the boxes "Education Property Tax Credit (rent paid)" and the next box "Manitoba School Tax Credit.

Proceed to the next screen which allows for input of your housing information.

Once completed click on Continue and the following screen provides space for "Rent Aid benefits received.

Provide the amount of rent assistance you are reporting.

Click Continue and TurboTax will correctly calculate the net Manitoba refundable amount for your rental expense.

Error other income

I’m in Manitoba and am trying to complete my return

Where do I enter rent assist I received ?

the only thing I can find is from 2019 and clearly out of date 

Error other income

@Raelenerob You don't need to enter your rent assist info for 2022.