Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sla845

Can I switch back to premier version after I accidently chose home and business? if so, how?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TTRS

Can I switch back to premier version after I accidently chose home and business? if so, how?

Unfortunately, no, you cannot downgrade the return. You will have to start the return over, choosing the Premier version. To do so, go to Tools > Account manager, select Create New Return, and choose premier as the version you would like. If you had carryforward information from last year's return you'll be able to carry it forward in the new return, but any data for this year you will have to re-enter.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
TTRS

Unfortunately, no, you cannot downgrade the return. You will have to start the return over, choosing the Premier version. To do so, go to Tools > Account manager, select Create New Return, and choose premier as the version you would like. If you had carryforward information from last year's return you'll be able to carry it forward in the new return, but any data for this year you will have to re-enter.

abcoops

This should be corrected so that people who make a mistake do not have to spend another 3hrs entering all their data again.

This is crap - switching to another software package if I have to start over again. Rip-off!

Hardly a rip-off.  Just a minor inconvenience..