Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bike99

I am using the Forms Method within the Windows CD version of TurboTax Standard. How do I use Autofill My Return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I am using the Forms Method within the Windows CD version of TurboTax Standard. How do I use Autofill My Return?

I would not recommend you use it yet, as the T4 and T5 slips are not all out yet, there have been some odd glitches.  Sometimes things show and sometimes they don't even when they are there. You will need to create a My Account at CRA in order to do this.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I would not recommend you use it yet, as the T4 and T5 slips are not all out yet, there have been some odd glitches.  Sometimes things show and sometimes they don't even when they are there. You will need to create a My Account at CRA in order to do this.

bike99

I had already created My Account at CRA. When running TurboTax in Forms mode, I have not been able to find the Turbotax screen/menu item to initiate the Autofill transfer.

Hello!

Autofill my return is not yet accessible in Forms mode. When you're ready to use the Autofill feature, switch to EasyStep mode and follow the prompts to Autofill.

As mentioned, however, T4 and T5 are not all out yet, so you may want to wait until all of your records are up to date at the CRA.
bike99

Will Autofill be available in Forms mode for the 2015 tax year sometime before April 1, 2016?

Our engineers are working on it, but Autofill my return likely won't be available in Forms mode by April. I have, however, let the team know that it's a feature you're very much interested in. For now, your best bet would be to switch to EasyStep, complete the auto-fill process, and then switch back to Forms, as needed.
bike99

Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

My pleasure!

well it seems the engineers are still 'working on it' 3 years later. Turbo Tax should at least update the auto-fill instructions to say that you need to go through all that EasyStep stuff in order to use AutoFill. When I started our joint tax return TurboTax immediately prompted me to auto-fill my husband's information (let's not even start with how sexist this product is assuming the husband always comes first) which we did. But then there was no option to continue to auto-fill my own information. I tried everywhere to find it - read all the TurboTax instructions, no help there. Finally found this response and opened the EasyFill (not so Easy - it asks way too many irrelevant questions - I find forms method much easier). Had to click a few dozen times, not just through my information, but also through my husband's (as being male he of course comes first!! grrr). Finally got a prompt to auto-fill my info.