Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I am receiving the NETFILE Error: "PPIP from Box 55 of your T4 slip> Box I ..." both are zero, and consistent with the documents I received from my employer.

I was forced to abbreviate my question in step 1.

Please refer to step 1.

The error message in its entirety is:

"You have not entered your Provincial Parental Insurance Plan premiums paid from Box 55 of your T4 slip, or the amount entered is greater than the amount entered in Box I ..."

Both my documents indicate zeros for box 55 of my T4 and Box I of my Releve 1. I have entered zeros for these values in my turbotax application.

I work in Ontario, and live in Quebec, if that has anything to do with it.

2 Replies

Hello, I am receiving the NETFILE Error: "PPIP from Box 55 of your T4 slip> Box I ..." both are zero, and consistent with the documents I received from my employer.

I was having this same error. So, I went to CRA to double check the information from the T4 and the province was wrong. On the paper it said QC but at CRA it was ON. I changed to ON, removed the releve 1 and it worked. The wrong information was confusing turbotax.

I was having this same error. So, I went to CRA to double check the information from the T4 and the province was wrong. On the paper it said QC but at CRA it was ON. I changed to ON, removed the releve 1 and it worked. The wrong information was confusing turbotax.