Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello I'm a Real Estate Agent and I agree with a client a cashback of my sales commission where Do I deduct this amount

Thanks for your guidance
3 Replies

Hello I'm a Real Estate Agent and I agree with a client a cashback of my sales commission where Do I deduct this amount

If you are Self-employed, at the very end of the "Expense" interview in TurboTax Self-Employed Online, is a page that asks "[Your Name], did you have any other expenses?". You can enter your commission rebates/cashback here. 

If you require further assistance please contact our phone support team or contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter.

Hi Sandra, this last part of interview you mention has a trouble

It shows how much did you put on your T4A as commission income and then immediately presents has an input box to type Other income

Whatever you input there, increases wrongly your income, adding it to your T4A amount

If you put nothing (0) there, when you input the cash back as Discount, an error pop "Discount can't be bigger then income"

Thanks anyway and I hope TT has a solution

ATE

The “Amount of returns, allowances, and discounts” box is in the income section.

As Sandra said, you need to enter the amount as “Other Expenses”, which is at the end of the Expenses portion of the Self-Employment interview.