Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddhyy61
Returning Member

Do I need to re-install the new version ? or just simply update the IKC number to the currently installed old version ? If I so, then will new tax laws applicable-Part 2

Thanks for the respond to Part 1 of my question.  However, I should clarify my question.  that the currently installed version was for my T2 fiscal year ending July 31, 2018.  The new version (or licence)  is for T2 fiscal year ending Dec 31, 2018.  Basically they are in the same year 2018.   Does this change your respond ?

1 Reply

Do I need to re-install the new version ? or just simply update the IKC number to the currently installed old version ? If I so, then will new tax laws applicable-Part 2

Hello,

Ok so it depends on what you have purchased, even though you have July 31st, 2018 and a fiscal year also ending December 31st, 2018 this actually cross's 2 separate taxation modules.  The July 31st 2018 would be covered in our 2017-2018 product that covers year ends out until October 31st 2018 any year ends after that date would be in our 2018-2019 product requiring the purchase and installation of the new software.