Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download two softwares? I previously downloaded the standard Turbotax. I tried downloading the home and business Turbotax but it would not download.

2 Replies

How to download two softwares? I previously downloaded the standard Turbotax. I tried downloading the home and business Turbotax but it would not download.

Hi,

Assuming you are trying to download Home and Business and Standard for the same year. You can just use one install. Its only the IKC (installation key code) you will need to activate either Standard or Home and Business.

In case you have Standard already installed you can follow these steps to activate Home and Business (if you have the IKC for Home and Business):

1. Open TurboTax 2017
  2. On the top Blue Bar - click on Tax Centre 
  3. On Tax Center Page - click on link - "I already have an upgrade code or an additional returns code"
  4. Enter the H&B IKC and you should be now in the higher version.

Hope this helps!

Hi

I followed the 4 steps but it still hasn't updated to home & business. I have another question. I indicated that I have a T4A for a job I got paid through commission but now it thinks I have a business. It keeps asking me for my business  number and other information about a business that I don't have. It wants me to "fix" my errors before I file my tax return. What should I do?