Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abeks

How do I change my password for turbotax.ca? "Profile settings" and "notification settings" do not seem to lead me to any options for password change ...

The only personal options I see when I log into turbotax.ca are in the drop-down menu at the top right-hand corner of the interface. I have the option to navigate to "Profile Settings" or "Notification Settings." I can't see any options there that allow me to change my password. I know I've changed it in the past, so I'm perplexed right now as to how I did it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
abeks

How do I change my password for turbotax.ca? "Profile settings" and "notification settings" do not seem to lead me to any options for password change ...

Here's what the problem was: If you're signed into "turbotax.community.intuit.ca" (like I was), you don't have the option to change your password. You have to sign into "turbotax.intuit.ca" in order to access the Tools menu options and update your account password.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
abeks

Here's what the problem was: If you're signed into "turbotax.community.intuit.ca" (like I was), you don't have the option to change your password. You have to sign into "turbotax.intuit.ca" in order to access the Tools menu options and update your account password.

Hi,

To Change a password in TurboTax Online

1. Log in to your account.
  2. Click the Tools button in the upper righthand corner.
  3. Click Update Account.
  4. In the Password section, click Edit.
  5. Enter your current password and your new password in the appropriate fields.
  6. Confirm your new password by retyping it in the Retype New Password field and then click Update.

If you do not remember your password:

1. Click the I forgot my user ID or password link on the TurboTax Online login page.
  2. Provide the user ID or e-mail associated with the account you are logging into. This will trigger an e-mail to be sent to you.
  3. If you cannot remember the user ID, or no longer have access to the e-mail account on record for TurboTax Online, you will need to create a new TurboTax Online account. 

Hope this helps,

Thanks

How do you change your turbotax password for the desktop version? Due to data breach I want to change this asap. Thanks.