Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldegr

You said that forms send to CRA would automatically be downloaded. I agreed to this assuming the income from T4A

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You said that forms send to CRA would automatically be downloaded. I agreed to this assuming the income from T4A

Hi,

Yes you can import your T4A slips through CRA import feature of Turbotax.

The Canada Revenue Agency already has much of your current year tax information before you actually file your tax return. When a T slip is issued to you from an employer, a government agency, or other source such as your bank or RRSP provider, the issuer also sends a copy to the Canada Revenue Agency. These copies are assigned to your Social Insurance Number and are housed in your CRA My Account along with your previous tax returns, carryforward amounts, and other tax related data. When you submit your tax return, CRA then compares the information you've filed to the information in your CRA My Account.

Auto-fill My Return lets you download the information already in your CRA My Account directly into your tax return. TurboTax then automatically transfers your data to the proper spots within your return. With just a few clicks, your tax return is filled with the most accurate and up-to-date information available, right from CRA.

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-resources/auto-fill-my-return/overview.jsp

Hope this helps
Thanks

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Hi,

Yes you can import your T4A slips through CRA import feature of Turbotax.

The Canada Revenue Agency already has much of your current year tax information before you actually file your tax return. When a T slip is issued to you from an employer, a government agency, or other source such as your bank or RRSP provider, the issuer also sends a copy to the Canada Revenue Agency. These copies are assigned to your Social Insurance Number and are housed in your CRA My Account along with your previous tax returns, carryforward amounts, and other tax related data. When you submit your tax return, CRA then compares the information you've filed to the information in your CRA My Account.

Auto-fill My Return lets you download the information already in your CRA My Account directly into your tax return. TurboTax then automatically transfers your data to the proper spots within your return. With just a few clicks, your tax return is filled with the most accurate and up-to-date information available, right from CRA.

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tax-resources/auto-fill-my-return/overview.jsp

Hope this helps
Thanks