Solved: How can I delete all the info i have enteredon my...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How can I delete all the info i have enteredon my 2015 return and start over again?

I have made a mistake when entering my info and would like to dete everything and start over again. How do I do this.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

How can I delete all the info i have enteredon my 2015 return and start over again?

Hello,

1. Sign into TurboTax Online.
  2. Click Tools at the top of the screen.
  3. Click Return Manager and then Create New Return. This starts a brand new return.

To avoid confusion, you may want to go there and also delete the return you started and no longer wanted to use.

Please post back if you have further questions.

Jacquelyn

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Highlighted

cant find tools and want to start over,to many mistakes
Highlighted

Good afternoon,
Thank you for your question.  With TurboTax Free,  you need to create another user id to start a new return.
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/questions/1346815-how-do-i-create-more-than-one-tax-return-usin...
Leeanne@TurboTax
Highlighted

Hello,

1. Sign into TurboTax Online.
  2. Click Tools at the top of the screen.
  3. Click Return Manager and then Create New Return. This starts a brand new return.

To avoid confusion, you may want to go there and also delete the return you started and no longer wanted to use.

Please post back if you have further questions.

Jacquelyn

View solution in original post

Highlighted

It won't let me delete the one I no longer want.  It says I can't delete an "active return".  Any ideas on how to delete it?
Highlighted

I don't have the Return Manager option under Tools!
Highlighted

It wasn't until I looked at the T1 return after I paid that I noticed the mistake in my spouses net income on page 1 of my return. There appears to be no way to change it now. Can I delete the return and create a new one to fix it without paying again to netfile? Thanks.
Highlighted

@lcgibson I believe it's saying that because you probably have that return open. Create a new return, make sure you're in that return, and then go back to the Return Manager and delete the one you want.
Highlighted

@cogiendogutico What product are you using? Only TurboTax Online has the Tools Manager. Here's instructions on how to create a new return for both Online and CD/Download: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/turbotax/en-ca/faqs/Refund-Returns/Start-a-new-return/HOW25123.ht...
Highlighted

@chomsky72 Did you already NETFILE your spouse's return? If so, you'll need to amend the return (you can't re-NETFILE a corrected copy). Here's instructions on amending: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/turbotax/en-ca/faqs/Amend-my-tax-return/SLN50773.html
v