Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beadee99

How can my husband and I share a joint return, but enter our information from different computers? i.e. can we have separte accounts which access the same file?

3 Replies

How can my husband and I share a joint return, but enter our information from different computers? i.e. can we have separte accounts which access the same file?

If you are preparing your returns together in TurboTax Online, they must be in the same account, and you can’t transfer returns between accounts.

If you have computers that use Windows, perhaps you would be better off using TurboTax CD/Download. You would still have to share the same file, but you can put the file on a USB stick or portable drive and move it between the computers. Here are the different versions of TurboTax CD/Download we offer: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/download-tax-software.jsp

Smith78

I started a new account because turbo tax didn't accept previous sign-in information for at least the past 10 years of me doing my and my husbands Turbo Tax.  I entered and had you transfer information as well as entering my Social Insurance #, phone, email and answered all your questions to begin a return for myself and my husband and I do not have my T-4's etc. to enter yet, so I want to save it on a USB stick.  I have tried everything I can think of and I am not having any luck.  I do not want all my info spread all over the internet.  I eventually want to NETFILE my return when I am ready but only when I am ready.  Can you help me transfer all this info.  I used to use Turbo Tax CD's that they would mail me every year.  But that stopped, now I can't even buy the CD for Personal and Small Business in any of the stores where I live.  I could maybe order on live but I would be lucky if I got it by summer 2022. Help please!

The option to print a tax return in the Online version becomes visible only after you pay for that specific return. After paying, the FILE menu lists the available print options. TurboTax Free users don’t have to pay to print a tax return, but will still need to go through the payment section to reach the print option.

For tax year 2021, TurboTax’s print feature becomes available on February 21 when NETFILE opens.

To print or save a copy of your current tax return for future reference, complete the following steps:

1. In the menu, select FILE, then select Print Your Tax Return
  2. On the screen that appears, select the link to download a PDF copy of your return

As you mentioned buying the CD/Download version, please follow this link to see where to Purchase TurboTax at a retail store near you

Thank you for using TurboTax.