Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajnor698

How do i apply for the CWB?

7 Replies

If you are eligible for the CWB, then TurboTax will automatically add it to your return.

To make sure that TurboTax knows that you want to apply for this credit:

Click “Find” (magnifying glass) and search for “can”, then select “Canada Workers Benefit” from the list and click on the “Go” button.

Select “Yes” next to the question “Do you want to claim the Canada Workers Benefit?”.

Then answer the next question that comes up. If your answer is No then you are eligible.

Click the “Continue” button to save.

dcheng221

Hi there, my friend filed her taxes and clicked eligible for CWB. How can she verify that it was properly submitted as she has not seen the refund on the results page? @TurboTaxSusan 

@dcheng221 She can use the directions I posted above to double check that she has applied for the CWB. She can also check Line 45300 on her detailed tax summary to see how much of the credit she is getting. This FAQ shows how to get there: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-status/help/how-can-i-see-a-detailed-summa...

If she’s not seeing the credit added to her return, it could be because she’s not eligible. This CRA page has more info on CWB eligibility: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/witb-eligibility.html

Eddo2577
Returning Member

My turbo tax tax forms were sent in a couple months ago for 2019 and i missed applying for the cwb. I tried to refile it but it will not work right. It acknowledges I want to refile it with the cwb but it continues to show a 0 refund. I do in fact qualify for cwb and my income is listed as 'other'.

Once you have received your Notice of Assessment you can then ReFile your return. Please be sure to read the following information from CRA to know if you qualify for the CWB.

Eddo2577
Returning Member

I have received my notice of assessment. We are trying to refile through turbotax so I can get the cwb, but turbotax isn't working properly and shows a 0 refund. It should be showing a refund like it did with 2018 turbo tax.

When you first completed your return, did TurboTax show you that you were able to claim CWB? If yes, please verify your Notice of Assessment to be sure that it wasn't already added and also that you qualify for it, as TurboTax would have advised you if you qualified and calculated it for you. 

Please click here to verify that requirements. If you qualify then please contact our customer support team for assistance.