Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samiurk

How do i change and update spouse name?

1 Reply

How do i change and update spouse name?

If you need to correct your spouse’s personal information in TurboTax Online 2017, select “[Spouse’s Name] Personal Information” from the “Setting Up” tab. Change the name and click the “Continue” button to save your information. If you can’t see a “Setting Up” tab, use the grey “Back” button to go backwards through the pages until you get to the “Now, let's get [Spouse’s Name] information” page.

If you need to correct your spouse’s personal information in TurboTax Online 2018, select “[Spouse’s Name] Personal Information” from under “My Info” in the left side menu. Change the name and click the “Continue” button to save your information. If you can’t see “My Info” tab, use the “Back” button to go backwards through the pages until you get to the “Now, let's get [Spouse’s Name] information” page.

NOTE: If you have already sent the return through NETFILE, you can’t change this information, even using REFILE. You’ll need to contact the CRA directly instead. If you are in Canada or the United States, you can call the CRA at 1-800-959-8281. If you are somewhere else you can call 613-940-8495. Here are more ways to contact the CRA: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/corporate/contact-information/telephone-numbers.html