Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 30, 2019 12:35:37 PM

How do i check to see the last year i filed income tax?

I fell behind about 3 years ago but honestly cannot remember the y ear I last filed. I procrastinated too long and didnt do them the next couple years. Then I lost all m y paperwork and files and accounts and passwords when I lost my appartment and everything in it. I am starting from scratch and need to file about 4  years worth in one lump sum but dont have all the proper T4's. Is there a way to check alkl my jobs for 4 years total t4 amounts individually?

0 4 6025
4 Replies
Oct 30, 2019 12:35:38 PM

You'll need to file a return for each year that you haven't filed for. You can't sum everything up from prior years and file in this year's return.

The best place to start might be in your CRA My Account. The CRA will have both your t-slips (income) from prior years on file and will have the record of what years you need to file for. One typically needs amounts from their prior year returns to set up their CRA My Account, but that sounds like it might be tough for you. Best to reach out to the CRA directly and see what they recommend.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individua...

Sep 26, 2024 3:27:04 AM

Please l will like to have my 2019 and 2020 tax incomr

Sep 26, 2024 3:29:54 AM

What if l do not work for 2019 and 2020 do l need to file tax

Oct 1, 2024 8:02:58 AM

Yes, even if you did not work and you are an adult, you should still complete a zero-income tax return so that you can still possibly get your tax credits. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.