Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmgrieve

How do I eliminate self employment income? I keep getting errors about self employment income, I have none to report but says i need to enter province and industry code

1 Reply

How do I eliminate self employment income? I keep getting errors about self employment income, I have none to report but says i need to enter province and industry code

The CRA considers amounts in box 20 and box 48 of the T4A slip as self-employment/business income.

If you entered a T4A slip in your return with amounts in box 20 or box 48, you must complete a Form T2125: Statement of Business Activities. Only minimal entries are required; the business name can be your name and the business address can be your home address.

You'll need to "edit" the Business Statement where your T4A income is transferred to. To do so go to: Income & Expenses > Self-Employment. Depending on which box number was entered from the T4A, "Commission Income" or "Business Income" should appear here. You can then click on the "Summary" and choose to edit that particular T2125.