Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmcgr0781

How do I enter Box 127 of a T4? Veterans Affairs Canada sent me a T4 for my Earnings Loss benefit.

9 Replies

How do I enter Box 127 of a T4? Veterans Affairs Canada sent me a T4 for my Earnings Loss benefit.

Please look at the top of the slip.  I think you may have a T4A from Veteran Affairs.  In that case, you would click on Find and type in T4A.  Scroll to halfway down the page and you will see box 127.

Joseph67
Returning Member

I have used this program for a number of years.  This year there is no box127 on the T4A

@Joseph67 Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?

Joseph67
Returning Member

Yes I purchased it and the downloaded it and entered the code

EasyStep Mode:

Forms Mode:

Joseph67
Returning Member

I have turbotax basic and that box is not showing up in my version this year.thumbnail_20240227_065428.jpg

Please click on Easy Step at the top left corner of your return to be able to go to Income & Expenses in the left menu then 

T-slips then your T4A-Pension, retirement, annuity and see the images below to enter your box 127. Make sure to scroll down and click on Done with T4A to save your entries. If you wish you can click on Forms at the top to return to work in the Forms mode.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Joseph67
Returning Member

I up loaded a picture on this chat and the box 127 does not show up.  I am not new to this program I have been using it for almost 20 years putting the same 2 T4As every year.  Box 127 does not ever show up in the help portion of the program.  What do I do now?  I have added it again.  thumbnail_20240227_065428.jpg

You are now in the Forms mode of the software. As seen in my first image above you can change your return to the Easy Step mode to be able to see the T4A differently and enter box 127. If directions are needed, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.