Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get this free 18 month QuickBooks Self-Employed Trial? The steps listed all work until Step 7. There is only this at that page: "We'll save a PDF copy..."

These steps all work UNTIL Step 7. There is no promised link to Quickbooks Self-Employed 18 month trial. I completed my tax return with TurboTax and this trial was promised at the end. 

------

TurboTax customers who file their 2018 tax return using TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live Assist & Review Self-Employed are eligible to use QuickBooks Self-Employed for free for 18 months.

To take advantage of this offer, file your 2018 return with TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live Assist & Review Self-Employed, then follow the instructions below.

1. Sign in to your TurboTax Self-Employed or TurboTax Live Assist & Review Self-Employed account.
  2. On the Great to see you again! page, locate your filed tax return and select View.
  3. From the left-hand navigation menu, select File, then select Get Started.
  4. On the Let’s file your return step, select Continue.
  5. On the Do you want to register for CRA’s online mail? step, select Continue.
  6. On the Filing your return(s) step, select Continue.
  7. On the Hold up! step, select Get QuickBooks Self-Employed.
  8. On the One more step to claim your free offer step that opens in a new tab/window, select Claim free offer.
  9. On the Nearly there…step, fill out the First name and Last name fields, then select Continue.
  10. On the Claim your free QuickBooks Self-Employed step, fill out the fields, then select Buy QuickBooks.
8 Replies

How do I get this free 18 month QuickBooks Self-Employed Trial? The steps listed all work until Step 7. There is only this at that page: "We'll save a PDF copy..."

I'm having the same problem! Clearing cache did not help
matari

I'm also having this problem. Did it ever work out for you? 

cqe

I have tried for days - working with various "help" people online - all have been unsuccessful in resolving this issue. Has anyone had success?

Please see below to make sure that you do qualify for QBSE. 

1. Who is not eligible for this offer?  

1. Existing QBSE subscribers | this offer is for new QBSE users only  

2. TurboImpot Users | this offer is only available to English TurboTax SE filers, as QBSE is English Only. 

3. TurboTax Live Full Service Self-Employed | fulfillment of this offer is done via TurboTax product only 

If you feel that you are eligible please contact us in Private Chat on Facebook or Twitter

Was anyone eventually successful with the 18 month free offer? Once I signed up, it switched to a 30 day trial!?

I was eventually able to get the free 18 month trial. It took much time - and a number of phone conversations. Also I did post on their Facebook page to get their attention.  It was frustrating for sure. Good luck. 

Thank you for the reply! I will keep trying!

If you were signed up for Quickbooks previously, or if anyone else that filed under your account received Quickbooks then you will not be able to receive this offer it is only good for 1 under the specific account. 

Keep trying and if you can't get it please contact customer service

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/product-information/help/contact-us/00/873707