Solved: How do i open my 2013 Income Tax return in order t...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do i open my 2013 Income Tax return in order to add a T4A which was never received?

Yesterday I learnt that a T4A was issued for a pension surplus payout from my former employer but I never received.

Question 1? Can I open my 2012 Return in Turbo TAX 2012 edition and

Question 2? Should Pension surpluses, when paid out be included in income.

Thanks.

I would really like answers to these questions as the is saying I owe S14000+ as a result of not reporting it as income. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

How do i open my 2013 Income Tax return in order to add a T4A which was never received?

Once you have submitted a return for a tax year, you cannot resubmit it unless CRA rejects it and asks you send a return again.

What you need to do is submit a T1-Adj. For the tax year in question (2013) with a copy of the T4A attached. Read the notes associated with the T1-Adj. About how to complete it.
You also need to pay the outstanding tax ASAP b4 CRA charge penalties.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Once you have submitted a return for a tax year, you cannot resubmit it unless CRA rejects it and asks you send a return again.

What you need to do is submit a T1-Adj. For the tax year in question (2013) with a copy of the T4A attached. Read the notes associated with the T1-Adj. About how to complete it.
You also need to pay the outstanding tax ASAP b4 CRA charge penalties.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

TonyC1. Your answer was exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate it. Now I must go and pay the amount owing before the interest starts to pile up. Many Thanks TonyC1.