Solved: How do I prevent the amount of a T4A box 30 being ...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I prevent the amount of a T4A box 30 being add to line 130?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

If the patronage allocation was for goods or services you consumed and for which you cannot deduct the cost when you calculate you income then you do not report this income. In other words, simply do not report this income unless you have claimed the good and services as an expense on your return 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted

If the patronage allocation was for goods or services you consumed and for which you cannot deduct the cost when you calculate you income then you do not report this income. In other words, simply do not report this income unless you have claimed the good and services as an expense on your return 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Last year I did this and was just reaccessed as I provided no Ex. where do I provide this on Turbo tax Stand.
Highlighted

If you are net filing your return there is no area or way to communicated this info.  It is unfortunate that you did not provide the info or explanation requested by CRA and that your prior year's return was reassessed.,  but it is not too late if you want to provide an explanation now and have their reassessment reversed. Simply submit your explanation for their consideration.  Please see http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/chngrtrn-eng.html
Highlighted

It is unfortunate that anyone who belongs to a co-op can not us turbo tax to do their taxes.
Highlighted

I did not claim it  but when the CRA recieved their copy of the T4A they reassessed me plus interest added
Highlighted

That is NOT what I am saying or implying.  Of course you can use TurboTax if you belong to Co-op.  If you read the T4A slip where the payments are shown, it will explain exactly how they are to be reported (or not reported as the case may be) when completing your return.  If you were reassessed by CRA last year and the income was not taxable as explained above, you should request an adjustment to that return.  See the link above advising how to proceed in this regard
Highlighted

Of course you can us Turbo Tax and be reassessed but why pay for it when you have to finish it by Mail. Just do it on forms mail it in and you are DONE
Highlighted

Why can't Turbo add a space were you can explain and this would avoid the clumsy reassessment method?
Highlighted

I was not reassessed till one year after I filed the 2013 return by net file. the assessment and the interest added was a surprise
v