EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

How do I save work in progress on my tax return and continue later?

I need to do something else.  How do I return and continue with the filing of the Turbo Tax?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

If you are using the CD/download version click the File menu and then Save and save it on your computer.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

If you are using the CD/download version click the File menu and then Save and save it on your computer.

View solution in original post

this is crazy I did my 2013 and saved it and now no matter what I do it wants me to do another return. this sucks

Save just doesn't seem to work for me.  The file is not updated on disk, the file date/time is unchanged.

It's rigged so you have to buy the software no matter what.  Hopefully, canada revenue will note this!

To use a desktop (CD/download) version, you have to buy the software. That's how software works when it's not freeware or shareware.
When you use the Online versions, you have to pay for it before filing, unless you qualify for the free version (T4 income and contributions only).
So yes, it's "rigged" so that you have to buy what you are using, as applicable.

With TurboTax Online, your file is saved every time you move from one page to another. To continue at another time, simply log out. When you log back in, you will be on the same page as you were when you logged out.

For TurboTax desktop versions, see IntuitJacquelyn's answer.

It does not come up when I log back in

same here with the free version.

For those using 2015 versions of TT Online, there is some new wonkiness because the free and paid versions are hosted on separate servers, with different sign-in pages that take you to different areas in your account. If you are having trouble accessing your return(s), make sure you are signing in on the correct page.

For paid (Standard and above) returns, signing in at the following page should take you to your Return Manager, where you can access any returns you have created: (Note that if you click Continue beside a free return, you will have to log out and back in at this page to access your Return Manager again.)

https://ww1.2015.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/

Signing in at the following page should take you directly into your TT Free return (you can only create one free return in an account):

https://ww1.2015.free.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/signin

Note that free returns may not be automatically saved if you close the window/tab without clicking Save & Log out.