Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tammypl

How do your transfer 2022 tax information from and old computer to a new computer, as my 2023 Turbo Tax is in a new computer

Thank you for your assistance, I have not received any emails yet with Installation codes for 2020 & 2021 yet.  I did found my 2019 Installation code.  I have checked all my folders including spam to be sure they are not here.  I have also checked through all my old paper folders & looked for the old CD's to try to locate these myself.  I will watch for the emails, hopefully they are on their way 🙂 

How do your transfer 2022 tax information from and old computer to a new computer, as my 2023 Turbo Tax is in a new computer

Yes hopefully you will  receive them as they were sent to the email associated to your Intuit account at that time.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

tammypl

I haven't received anything so I must assume it went to an old email that is no longer accessible.  Can you please contact me directly through this email (not this chat) to let me know how to get them.  I have purchased this product unfailingly since the early 2000's.  There should be a way through my account to do this myself.  There is obviously a record that they've ben purchased, will you consider sending them to my current email?

We have sent you an email with the requested information. Please let us know if you received it.

tammypl

Thank you to you all for getting me back on track so quickly, changing computers is a labour intensive job and you've made it fairly easy for me , thank you!

gmteich

I am changing computers.

Each year when I us Turbotax, Turbot tax links to various accounts and to lots information from past tax returns.

I have no clue how to find the files and save them to a drive.

Are you saying the links are gone unless I figure how to get all the old data and put it on the new compute.

It is easier, several hours, but doable to buy someone else's product and start over.

My alternative is to keep an old outdated computer until Turbox tax no longer works on it

======

Are you really saying that you don't store customer Turbotax files.  If so, that's fine.  I'll start over.

gmteich

I suspect that we are talking about lost more than one file if you want all the connections to various sources of data that Turbotax grabs each year.

You will click on the following link- and then click on the tax year 2022- it will start downloading- you will then enter your license code from your 2022 software to install.  Once installed you will need to go back into the 2022 return and save the PDF copy on your new computer - then you can transfer your 2022 information to your 2023 tax return.