Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate turbotax Standard Online Edition purchased at Costco for 29.99?

We can help you with this. First, you will need to verify which product you purchased.

If the activation code has 11 digits, this will indicate you purchased an online product which can be accessed at : 

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tt/2020-03-03-plu-diwm-panel/b.jsp

This link is used for the Online version and to open a new TurboTax account https://ww1.2019.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/.

However, if the activation code (registration key) has 21 digits, it will indicate you purchased a desktop product, which can be accessed at: 

https://turbotax.intuit.ca/personal-tax-software/download-tax-software.jsp

Getting started (CD/Download version)

Tip: If you have purchased TurboTax Online Standard 8, all returns must be processed under the same TurboTax Online account.

If needed, here is a link with other troubleshooting ideas: I tried different ways to update TurboTax and failed. What can I do?

If more help is needed, please meet us by private message on Facebook or Twitter to see how we can help you further?

Hope this information will help you. 

Durai1950

Download the online standard

Returning Member

5NH4 TM64 JCWA 9L5C

how to activate the standard onine addition purchased at Costco?

Could implease get an answer to the above question.  Costco shows shows only 15 digits on their activation receipt and your system does not accept it.  Can i get a response please..  And not a number just an answer code that I don't know what to do with!!@!

Returning Member

Costco provided the following 16 digit License Code: 5NH-TM64-JCWA-9L5C. When I entered this code, a message came up: "You're all set!". However, when I clicked on "Get started", the tax program did not come up. I spoke with Arifa of your company 3 weeks ago and she assisted me to delete the original download and had me download it again. However, it still did not work. She told be that your tech people were working on fixing the problem and expected the fix to be done by today. She promised to email me the revised license code that will make the program work. I have not received the new code.

Please look into this issue and provide the correct code ASAP. Thank you.

Jerome

I have purchased Intuit TurboTax Standard Online Edition

from Staples a few days ago and am trying to have it activated. This is impossible to do as TurboTax has no icon for "Standard Online Edition" only "Standard" and when I input the pre-payment code for 8 returns the system tells me the code is incorrect.

What can I do?

zabkirjay
Returning Member

I'm a longtime user of TurboTax but now cannot activate Turbotax with the code supplied. I constantly get a 607 error code. I have uninstalled the programme twice to try and get it to work. I'm currently on the third install. What do I have to do?

To activate TurboTax Standard Online Edition please go to www.turbotax.ca/activate.

You will need the card from inside the box and then scratch the back of the card to reveal the activation code.

Then follow the direction from the above link.

What message