Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahmea79

How to activate turbotax Standard Online Edition purchased at Costco for 29.99?

How to activate my Costco standard turbotax

wjs3

why can I not register using the code provided,  why do you nt have a real person to talk to.

Hi

I purchased My Turbo tax standard online edition from costco and an receiving an error code 606 how do i continuen

Please note there are 2 reasons why you may receive the error code. 

1- Can be because you are trying to activate the code In the wrong place.

2- Please verify that you have purchased TurboTax Online and not the download/ CD version

If you are sure that you purchased the TurboTax Standard online version and went to turbotax.ca/activate to activate your code, then please close all the windows you have opened and log in from here: https://ww1.2020.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/signin?_swlg=en 

If you purchased TurboTax CD/Download you will need to go to turbotax.ca/download to activate your code.

If you need further instructions please contact us and we will be happy to assist you. 

I have an account used for many years. Purchased online version at staples I can't activate it.

@frank3853 

If you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team. You can use the form on this page to get the right phone number to call: TurboTax Contact Us

leon1122

my prepayment code will not get accepted 

@leon1122

First, please make sure that you have purchased the right product. The codes for TurboTax Online will not work with TurboTax CD/Download & vice-versa.

Second, if you bought TurboTax at a retailer (Costco, Walmart, Staples, etc…), please make sure that you are using the code that came in the package. It may be on a slip of paper or on a scratch-off card. It is not on the outside of the box or on your receipt.

If you have bought TurboTax Online, please go to turbotax.ca/activate to use your code before you start your returns. You can see this TurboTax FAQ for step-by-step instructions: In TurboTax Online, how do I use a prepayment code?

If you have bought TurboTax CD/Download, you will be asked for the licence code when you install the software. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on the licence code: Where is my TurboTax licence code? You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2021 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). You can download older versions of TurboTax CD/download edition here: Where can I download the CD/download edition of TurboTax?

If you are still not able to resolve your code issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608